Dr. Robin Berman
Articles by Dr. Robin Berman
- Navigating Tough Family Dynamics over the Holidays »
- Moving On From an Imperfect Childhood »
- How to Talk About Sex with Your Kids »
- The Misguided Desire of Wanting Our Kids to Be Happy »
- How To Spot an Emotional Grown-Up »
- When It’s All About Them: Being Involved with a Narcissist »
- The Legacy of a Narcissistic Parent »
Psychiatrist and parenting expert, Robin Berman, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, a founding board member of the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA, and an advisory board member of Matthew McConaughey’s Just Keep Livin Foundation. She is also the author of Permission to Parent: How to Raise Your Child with Love & Limits.
Dr. Berman’s article How To Spot An Emotional Grownup was co-authored with Sonya Rasmynski, who has been working as a psychiatrist for over ten years, providing psychotherapy and medication management to a wide range of clients. Her specialty is in women’s mental health and reproductive psychiatry, and she particularly enjoys working with women during pregnancy and postpartum. In addition to her private practice, Rasminsky works at the University of California Irvine Student Health Center, and she is an associate professor of clinical psychiatry at UCI.