Stress-busting strategies are only as useful as they are enjoyable—if you’re not into a certain mindfulness approach…it’s not likely to become a habit. This range of mental-slash-emotional tools have helped us, readers, and friends to cope, heal, and live more consciously, without skimping on any necessary self-care or self-compassion. Sometimes mental well-being is deep work, but it doesn’t always have to be so serious.
Meditation & Mindfulness
Whatever level you’re at—crystal-curious or experienced Vipassana meditator—we see you.
Large Standard Singing Bowl Set goop, $185 Om is where your singing bowl is.
Limited Edition Black Bullet 2.0 Ear Buds goop, $300 Drown out background noise.
Lapis Meditation Mala Beads goop, $48 Tactile and soothing.
The School of Life
Small Pleasures Card Set goop, $18 A delightfully analog reminder to stop and smell the roses.
Standard Scorpion Mat goop, $183 Designed to help your alignment.
- Iceland Writer’s Retreat 2018 Iceland Writer’s Retreat, $1,982 This year’s retreat happens to feature one of our favorite authors, Lauren Groff.
- Sacred Acoustics Binaural Beats Sacred Acoustics, Starting at $11 The trance-like sound meditation that is becoming a brainwave phenomenon.
- Saltwater Sessions Course Saltwater Sessions, $699 We’re on board.
The Clarity Cleanse goop, $27 Dr. Sadeghi’s sage wisdom, distilled into one extremely helpful book.
Meditation Band goop, $250 Keep calm and Muse on.
February Workshop Aimee Falchuck, $150 Find out how our energy impacts our thought processes, physical bodies, and relationships.
Living in a Mindful Universe goop, $22 The next part of the astonishing life story of an academic neurosurgeon who went to the other side.
- K-12 Yoga Donation K-12 Yoga Tools for life.
Mark I Handmade Meditation Seat goop, $168 Sit down, be humble.
Cymbals goop, $42 A more ceremonious way to begin and close a meditation session.
Meditation Cushion Set goop, $496 Made of organic dried buckwheat hulls and USA-grown cotton fiber, the cushions shape and adjust to your form over time.
- Vipassana Meditation Course Vipassana Meditation, Donation-based A ten-day introductory course to an ancient meditation technique.
Relax & Sleep
Arguably one of the biggest factors in overall health is the quality of our sleep. (Studies continue to link poor sleep to a host of health issues—more here.) If you’re seriously struggling to get in a good night’s rest and can’t figure out why, consider checking yourself in for an overnight sleep study, like the kind offered by Param Dedhia, M.D., Director of Sleep Medicine at Canyon Ranch in Tucson (they also have a location in Lenox, Massachusetts). For help maximizing your zzz’s and bedtime/wakeup routine, there are apps, services, and clean-sleep essentials (incense, of course) closer within reach.
Essential Oil Burner goop, $181 Uses the power of candlelight for serious aromatherapeutic benefits—as well as gorgeous home scent.
Palo Santo Wood
Hand-Pressed Incense goop, $12 Essential for any energetic detox.
ROHM Sound Machine goop, $38 Portable, so you can get uninterrupted sleep anywhere.
Sleep Aid goop, $59 Tech to train yourself to fall alseep faster.
Canyon Ranch All-Night Sleep Study
Canyon Ranch, Price upon request
(May be covered by certain health insurance plans) Find out what’s really disrupting your zzz’s.
House of Intuition
Sweetgrass Smudge Stick goop, $12 A different kind of cleanse.
- Hyperslow Membership Hyperslow, $120/month Go for the yoga, or for sonic nidra, their weekly sound healing class.
House of Intuition
Palo Santo Spray goop, $25 Helps banish evil spirits.
- Yoga Wake Up App Yoga Wake Up, Free Starts your day off right with some in-bed poses.
Circa Incense Burner:
Copper with Clear Quartz,
Rose Quartz, Black Onyx goop, $345 Elevate your crystal and incense game all in one shot.
- Acupuncture Treatment Amplify Acupuncture, $60 No reservations required: Quickie acupuncture pop-ins done in a bare-bones setting.
House of Intuition
Selenite Tower goop, $36 Connect with your crown chakra.
Psychologist and Stanford lecturer Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. forever changed the way we think about stress. While we know it’s not all bad—our perception of stress seems to really matter—doctors continue to remind us that relentless, chronic stress can be a major factor in inflammation and immune system breakdowns. Which is to say that we can really get behind a 15-minute trampoline session to bounce the day away or listening to a self-guided imagery clip on the way to work—because the fastest way to calming the mind may be as subtle as a Bonsai forest set to call your own.
Penguin Random House
Coming Alive goop, $28 A guide to making peace with the inner voice that seems intent on self-sabotage.
Vyper 2.0 Fitness Roller goop, $199 Foam-roll the day’s stresses away.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom
Elixir Mix goop, $38 Shrooming.
Pure Calm goop, $85 Magic in a bottle.
Bodywork session and Mayan Abdominal
Therapy with Marcia Lopez Marcia Lopez, Price upon request To help restore connection to your womb and relieve tension, Marcia’s abdominal therapy incorporates acupressure, deep tissue massage, and reiki, in the comfort of your own home.
Color Me Calm goop, $28 Definitely not just for kids.
- May Ojai Wellness Retreat Kelsey Patel, $750 A self-care retreat with benefits that will last well beyond the weekend.
Potting Shed Creations
Bonsai Japanese Elm Kit goop, $36 A wonderful, stress-reducing hobby.
- House of Intuition Magnetic Sand, $12 Oddly (and blissfully) mesmerizing.
- Self-Guided Imagery The Healing Mind, $12 Marty Rossman, M.D. on audio to help you deal with the constant “fight or flight” struggle.
Modern Geometric Zen Garden goop, $46 Desktop zen.
Stress Tracker goop, $199 Emotional support, in arm-candy form.
- The Hoffman Process Retreat The Hoffman Institute, $4,696 A stay-based center in Northern California dedicated to resolving unresolved traumas from childhood.
- Float Session Pause Float Studio, $75 Float on.
The Wild Unknown
Animal Spirit Tarot Bundle goop, $50 Beautifully illustrated; beginner’s guides included.
- Nuurvana Intuitive Training Nuurvana, $26/month Become your own psychic.
- Haircut with Andi Scarbrough Framed Salon, $222 Stylist and colorist Andi Scarbrough blends spiritual psychology with transformative salon experiences—incorporating body and energy work, essential oils, crystals, and more.
Penguin Random House
The Light Between Us goop, $16 An illuminating, ultimately hopeful read from a pyschic medium who draws from the other side to make sense of our time here.
The goop Medicine Bag goop, $85 Easy to carry with you everywhere.
The Family Constellation Institute,
$400 for a 90-minute session Gives a new meaning to
family bonding time.
Paper Crane Apothecary
Psychic Vampire Repellent goop, $28 You can never be too prepared.
- Vedic Astrology Session Saraswati School of Meditation & Wellness, $200 It’s in the stars.
Amethyst Bottle goop, $84 Infuse your water with positive energy.
- Custom Crystal Wall or Floor The Cristalline, Price upon request Because why not.
House of Intuition
Orange Salt Lamp goop, $55 Nothing but glowing reviews for this guy.
Donate to Windbridge
Research Center Windbridge Research Center To help find out what happens to the brains of mediums when they talk to the other side.
City Skin Potion Trio goop, $64 Potions for any mood.
Morgan Yakus Past Life
Regression Session Morgan Yakus, $195 A wild ride down (past life) memory lane—if you believe in incarnation.