Fashion Uniform: Double-Breasted Coat + Structured Crossbody + Easy Bottoms
A long weekend (at either end) is one thing that will help a sluggish midwinter workweek sail by. A feel-good office uniform is another. The jacket is as cozy as it is utilitarian, the buttons are all business, and the crossbody bag picks up any slack. Not that you’ll have any—it’s a smart fashion formula that leaves
little to no room for error.
An afternoon of meetings is made sweeter if you’re wrapped in cashmere. Working in a fluid midi skirt and booties shows a hint of skin, so you’ll never feel bogged down by layers or fabric.
- NAVY TOPSAIL PIPP Brahmin, $335
- LA CALIFORNIENNE watch goop, $3,250
- RAG & BONE coat Net-a-Porter, $1,195
- JOSEPH sweater goop, $405
- MAX MARA skirt Matches Fashion, $350
- PAUL ANDREW bootie goop, $895
Artful details—an asymmetrical neckline, a sky-high waist, and Japanese-inspired hems—give nautical-inspired separates new legs. Rich accessories, like a round top-handle bag and embossed loafers, feel unexpected while keeping everything in neutral territory.
- navy topsail lane Brahmin, $275
- VALET barettes Net-a-Porter, $60
- AZLEE necklace goop, $3,600
GOOP X UNIVERSAL
STANDARD jacket goop, $395
- MONSE shirt Net-a-Porter, $890
- ACNE STUDIOS pants Net-a-Porter, $420
- ATP ATELIER loafers goop, $470
Add depth to a minimal foundation with mahogany add-ons: a plush wool overcoat and supple leather box bag. The tortoiseshell buttons on the Henley knit tie these two worlds together.
topsail evie Brahmin, $335
bracelet goop, $850
- SPINELLI KILCOLLIN ring goop, $900
- JW ANDERSON coat Net-a-Porter, $1,374
- G. LABEL henley goop, $395
- KHAITE pants goop, $1,080
- THE ROW loafers Matches Fashion, $795