Power Dressing by Power Type
A pink power suit almost sounds like an oxymoron. Until you factor in a sophisticated shade of blush, crisp tailoring, and a classic silhouette. Add some sharp accessories, and your oxymoron has just turned into a chic, unexpected combination that will make you feel confident and capable and inspired and ready to own the day. Have at it.
Paging the pantsuit queen: Leave some leeway for reinvention, like applying the color to an expertly tailored suit. Throw in tricked-out tech and a holds-everything tote as a finishing touch.
- SOPHIE RATNER ear climbers goop, $980
- Google Pixel 3 Google, From $799
- TENOVERTEN rose oil goop, $26
- GABRIELA HEARST blazer Net-a-Porter, $1,990
- GABRIELA HEARST pants Net-a-Porter, $1,990
- HERMÈS BIRKIN 35 goop, $15,950
- ROCHAS flats goop, $725
Strong, unexpected tones, by way of a private-club-inspired smoking jacket, feel especially stunning against a saturated-rhubarb skirt. Stick to polished plus-ones in the same palette: rounded shades, kitten heels, and tickled-pink tech extras.
- COLETTE JEWELRY ring goop, $6,900
- BELLROY case goop, $45 BELLROY case goop, $49
- ILLESTEVA sunglasses goop, $240
- GOOP X COTE nail polish goop, $18
- ZARA blazer Zara, $100
- ROKSANDA skirt goop, $1,585
- LUTZ MORRIS bag goop, $1,130
- VICTORIA BECKHAM heels goop, $459
Versatile pieces, like pleat-front trousers and a keep-forever blouse, are indispensable for bouncing between meetings and after-school pickups. Accessorize with stacked heels and a structured bag.