Photo Courtesy of Aldo Decaniz
Out of Office: 3 Off-Duty Summer Looks
There’s a time and a place for stepping outside your comfort zone. Summer, with its travel, its ferryboat/train/car schleps, its outdoor workouts, is not it. Easy, go-the-distance pieces add a cool, quiet elegance, but what’s even better: They up your look without making you have to plan in advance or think too much about what you’re going to wear. Because, whether you’re catching a fight or shuffling around town, who has the time?
BREAK A SWEAT
Black leggings are a solid studio-to-street foundation. After tearing up the treadmill, add in an upbeat pullover and sleek slides to take your game outside.
- MICHI sports bra goop, $150
- NEW BALANCE legging New Balance, $90
- MICHI pullover goop, $240
- RAY-BAN sunglasses goop, $150
- UMA toner goop, $65
- VINCE sandal Saks Fifth Avenue, $195
- THE ROW backpack Bergdorf Goodman, $3,900
GET OUT OF TOWN
Up in the air, over the high seas, or on solid ground, the best in-transit footwear is a pair of minimal trainers that are sporty and never look sloppy. Polished summer stripes up top and roomy drawstring culottes down low round out an already streamlined formula.
- KAREN WALKER sunglasses goop, $220
- URSA MAJOR traveller’s kit goop, $41
- G.LABEL DREW TRENCHCOAT goop, $795
- BASSIKE top goop, $280
- BASSIKE pant goop, $220
- PARAVEL bag goop, $345
- NEW BALANCE sneaker New Balance, $85
HIT THE STREETS
Refresh a neutral hold-all bag and slip-on sandals, with winks of personality: whimsical joggers, winged cat-eye sunglasses, and a midriff-baring hoodie. Finish it off with a ring stack that catches the sunlight while you peruse the Sunday farmers’ market stands.
- KHAITE sweater goop, $1,050
- ILLESTEVA sunglasses goop, $220
- SPINELLI KILCOLLIN ring goop, $900
- ANCIENT GREEK sandals goop, $245
- TATA HARPER balm goop, $42
- ACNE pants net-a-porter, $350
- AMPERSAND AS APOSTROPHE tote goop, $682