3 Ways to Ease
into the Freeze
Cold-weather dressing gets a bad rap. Remember Randy’s snowsuit situation in A Christmas Story? Exactly. This season’s offerings of tailored jackets, shrunken sweaters, and well-heeled boots are a far cry from their swallow-you-whole predecessors. Below, three alternatives for staying warm, looking cool, and curing cold-weather closet fatigue in one fell swoop. And you can even put your arms down.
PUTTING IN THE WORK
An office-appropriate cable-knit-and-cropped-trousers combination will never steer you wrong, but it’s the chic shearling coat that’ll keep you coming back for more. Just add boots with traction.
- MARTIN GRANT jacket goop, $3,649
ear cuff goop, $4,800
Cable Sweater goop, $695
lip tint goop, $49
- SOREL boots Sorel, $200
- LEMAIRE pants goop, $711
- MANU ATELIER bag goop, $575
WALKING INTO THE WEEKEND LIKE…
It’s no secret we’re suckers for slouchy cashmere sweaters. Team one with day-off jeans, lace up your Sorels, and let the heavy-duty puffer (note the waist definition!) do the rest.
- SPENCER VLADIMIR sweater goop, $1,625
- NANCY NEWBERG ring goop, $2,800
- IENKI IENKI coat goop, $1,368
- STELLA MCCARTNEY bag goop, $1,545
- RE/DONE jeans goop, $325
moisturizing coverage goop, $45
- SOREL boots Sorel, $120
SO YOU’VE GOT THE NIGHT OFF
Because fancy evenings call for fancy matchups, like a second-date kind of strappy top and slinky skirt. Seal the deal with an overachieving (it’s toasty and tailored) coat.
- OFFICINE GENERALE coat goop, $738
- VENYX necklace goop, $7,231
- GALVAN camisole Net-a-Porter, $295
- VAPOUR BEAUTY eyeliner goop, $20
- VICTORIA BECKHAM heel sandal goop, $426
- G. LABEL Lily Satin Skirt goop, $595
- M2M ALLETIER bag goop, $964