We couldn't find Bob's Red Mill GF Biscuit and Baking Mix, but their GF All Purpose Baking Flour worked really well.
Zucchini and Carrot Muffins
These moist and light muffins are designed to target constipation and blood sugar regulation. The soluble fiber in apple sauce helps patients absorb water, regulate bowel movements, and maintain proper gut microflora. We added a couple of ingredients to make them pop a bit more.
1/4 cup walnut or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons agave syrup (we prefer dark)
1 egg (shell rinsed)
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated zucchini (we did 1 1/2 cups instead)
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
3/4 cup sorghum or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
we added 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon iodized salt
we added 1/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oil and agave. Beat in the egg, then add apple sauce and whisk to combine. Fold in carrots and zucchini.
3. Meanwhile, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, garam masla (if using), and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in toasted walnuts, if using.
5. Divide the batter evenly among 12 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
6. Bake 12-16 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of 1 muffin comes out clean.