These muffins are a perfect breakfast. They’re moist, light and the fiber in apple sauce will be gentle on your system and help with regularity. The garam masala adds a little something extra too.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oil and agave. Beat in the egg, then add apple sauce and whisk to combine. Fold in carrots and zucchini.
3. Meanwhile, combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, garam masla (if using), and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined. Fold in toasted walnuts, if using.
5. Divide the batter evenly among 12 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
6. Bake 12-16 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of 1 muffin comes out clean.
Originally featured in Cooking Through Cancer