Ideally, you'll want to combine ingredients and let them marry overnight.
Perfect for the summertime, we served this light gazpacho at our party with Diane Von Furstenberg.
150g yellow tomato, diced (large)
150g yellow watermelon, diced (large)
85 grams yellow bell pepper, diced (large)
85 grams English cucumber, peeled and de-seeded
250 grams red onion, julienned
45 grams shallot, julienned
20 grams garlic, smashed
12 grams Thai basil, picked
6oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil (do not mix – emulsify)
Sherry vinegar (as needed)
Mustard oil (as needed)
Salt (as needed)
Pepper (as needed)
1. Combine yellow tomato, yellow watermelon, yellow pepper, English cucumber, red onion, and garlic in a bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly and rest overnight to allow the flavors to marry and the juices to release.
3. The next day, blend the mixture until very smooth in a blender, emulsifying Extra Virgin Olive Oil into every blender batch.
4. Add fresh Thai basil as a “highlighter color.”
5. When fully blended and strained, finish the seasoning. Final taste should be acidic (sherry), spicy (mustard oil), and rich (Extra Virgin Olive Oil).