From Orsa & Winston in LA, an elegant, vegetarian side salad.
1. Place burrata on plate and season with sea salt and pepper.
2. In a sauté pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, add snap peas and sauté until slightly browned (1-1 ½ minutes). Turn off heat, add shallots and toss to combine.
3. Place cooked snap peas on plate with burrata.
4. Using the same sauté pan as before, add the chopped meyer lemon peel, sugar and water. Cook on medium heat until it forms a light syrup.
5. Spoon some of the cooked lemon mixture over burrata and snap peas. Finish with a drizzle of aged balsamic and extra virgin olive oil and 3 grates of bottarga (optional).
Originally featured in Under $100 Tasting Menus