You’ll need a scale to measure all the ingredients – it’s totally worth the small investment!
Strawberry Red Wine Sorbet
The strawberry sundae at the Matador Room is worth the trip to Miami on its own. Unfortunately, the recipe requires a lot of steps and special equipment, so we asked chef Ford for one of its components instead. This strawberry sorbet is perfection and if you own an ice cream maker, totally doable.
317 grams fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
78 grams dry red wine, such as Côtes du Rhone
140 grams sugar
1 vanilla bean
24 grams fresh lemon juice
1. Combine the strawberries, red wine, and sugar in a bowl and stir.
2. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise in half and scrape out the seeds.
3. Mix everything together and let sit for 45 minutes.
4. Remove the vanilla pod and blitz the mixture in a powerful blender until smooth.
5. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker.