You won’t miss the wheat or sugar here, with the maple syrup adding a perfect sweetness and the ginger and garam masala a piquant kick.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Whisk together the ginger, eggs, water, maple syrup, agave, oil, pumpkin and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Sift in the flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Stir together and fold in the walnuts.
4. Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ glass loaf pan.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake the bread until browned and a wooden skewer doesn’t have any batter stuck to it when you test it (about an hour and 10 minutes).
Originally featured in Holiday Recipes