Smoked Salmon with Herb Butter
Who needs the top slice? This smoked salmon with herb butter tartine makes for an elegant lunch for entertaining guests or yourself.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped chervil
- ¹⁄₈ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- thinly sliced smoked salmon (about ¹⁄₄ pound)
- 1 tsp chopped chives
1. Make the compound butter: in a small bowl, mix the butter, tarragon, thyme, chervil, and salt.
2. Spread on the bread, top with salmon, sprinkle the chives over the salmon, and top with second slice of bread.
3. Grind white pepper to taste.