Slow Roasted Mustard-y Salmon
This recipe is super easy and quick to throw together for a crowd. The tray of water ensures that the salmon stays tender and won’t dry out. This method could be used with any marinade you like, though we’re partial to this herb and mustard blend.
1 tablespoon Dijon
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
juice and zest of ½ lemon
¼ cup minced chives
2 tablespoon minced tarragon
2 medium shallots, finely diced
2 teaspoons salt
½ lemon sliced in ¼ inch rounds
1 2 pound side of skin-on salmon
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2. Place a shallow pan of water on the lower rack of the oven.
3. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Lay the lemon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet, then lay the salmon skin side down on top of them. Spread the mustard and herb mix all over.
5. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and let cook for about 30 minutes, until flaky and opaque throughout. Serve with extra lemon wedges.
Originally featured in Three Easy-to-Make Main Courses to Make Entertaining Simple