This delicious scampi is a favorite speedy dinner. Be sure to serve it with crusty bread to soak up all of the flavorful sauce.
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a wok or very large sauté pan.
2. Add the sliced garlic cloves and chili flakes and cook until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute.
3. Add the lemon zest, then the white wine, and cook until the alcohol has burned off and the wine is reduced by about half (3 to 5 minutes).
4. If your pan is big enough, add the shrimp in a single layer and cook on the one side for 2 minutes, or until pink ⅔ of the way up. Flip and cook for 1 minute on the other side. If your pan is not big enough to hold the shrimp in a single layer, toss them all in and cook, stirring constantly, just until they all turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add the butter just before the shrimp are finished cooking and stir to melt into the sauce.
5. Finish with a few pinches of sea salt, some cracked black pepper, the lemon juice, and the fresh herbs. Toss to combine everything and serve with crusty bread to soak up all of the delicious sauce.
Originally featured in Feed the Peanut Gallery: What to Serve at Your Oscars Party