We could not stop eating these—seriously delish.
for the shrimp:
18 U-20 shrimps, tail off and deveined
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1 tablespoon fish sauce
½ tablespoon harissa
1 egg white
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coarse ground breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons butter
for the sauté mayo:
¼ cup Girl & the Goat Saute
½ cup mayo
1. Whisk the Girl & the Goat sauté sauce and mayo together in a bowl until smooth.
2. Skewer 12 shrimp on 12 skewers and refrigerate for later.
3. In a food processor combine 6 shrimp, coconut cream, fish sauce, harissa, egg white, and salt and blend until smooth.
4. Spread a teaspoon size dollop of shrimp paste onto one side of the skewered shrimp and dip it into the breadcrumbs. Press firmly into crumbs to help smooth out the paste. Complete all skewered shrimp and refrigerate until ready to cook.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Heat an oven-safe, non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat with a tablespoon of butter and add the shrimp, breadcrumb side down. Let the crumbs brown for 3-4 minutes, flip shrimp, and place in the oven to finish cooking.
7. Repeat the process with remaining shrimp and garnish with sauté mayo.
Originally featured in A Dinner Feast with Stephanie Izard