Seared tuna is always a crowd pleaser, and serving it on cucumber slices helps keep things light.
1. Heat a small non-stick sauté pan over high heat.
2. Coat tuna in olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Sear tuna for about 30 seconds on each side, or to taste. (Some people like their tuna more well done, some less, but we think two minutes total achieves a nice temperature.)
4. Remove to a cutting board and let cool (you can do this in advance and keep tuna chilled in the fridge).
5. Meanwhile, scoop avocado flesh into a bowl, add mirin, soy, and sesame oil, and use a fork to mash avocado and combine all ingredients.
6. To plate the dish, slice seared tuna into 24 thin slices, and top each cucumber disc with one.
7. Spoon over a dollop of mashed avocado, garnish with microgreens, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Originally featured in Easy Summer Appetizers