These are rich and a little bit decadent.
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon heavy cream
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with a very generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper.
2. Add the cream and beat the eggs with a fork until they are a uniform light-yellow color.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small nonstick pan over high heat.
4. When the butter melts and begins to foam, pour in the eggs and immediately turn to low. Stir with a spoon or a spatula constantly as you cook.
5. When the eggs are just set but still look too moist, remove them to a plate (they will continue to cook a bit as they rest).
Originally featured in How to...Cook an Egg