Roasted figs and candied pine nuts transform simple vanilla ice cream into an elegant and impressive dessert—plus, it’s so easy!
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the halved figs with the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the honey and spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until soft and beginning to caramelize.
3. To make the candied pine nuts, heat a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the nuts and toast for about 2 minutes, or until just starting to brown and smell fragrant. Add the ground cardamom and a large pinch of flaky sea salt and stir to combine.
4. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey, cook for about 30 seconds, then turn off the heat. Stir to combine everything, then immediately transfer to a large plate to cool, spreading them out in an even layer.
5. To serve, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in each bowl and top with the warm roasted figs, some of the candied pine nuts, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of flaky salt.