Roast Cauliflower with Chili, Garlic, Capers & Lemon
Great warm, this is even better room temperature, when all the flavors start to mingle.
1 head of cauliflower, outer green leaves removed, broken into bite-sized florets
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small red chili, deseeded and sliced
1 tbsp capers
juice of 1 and a half lemons
freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
2. Blanch the cauliflower in salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, then drain in a colander. When it’s completely dry, add to a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. With a pestle and mortar, bash the chili, garlic and a pinch of salt until it forms a paste. Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, mix and pour over cauliflower. Pour over the juice of 1 lemon, and reserve the rest. Toss to coat every floret.
4. Roast uncovered for 25-30 minutes, mixing once or twice to even out the browning.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle immediately with lemon and capers. Toss to coat.