Raw Walnut Tacos
While nothing beats the real thing, these raw, vegan tacos are pretty damn tasty.
for the tacos:
2 heads romaine lettuce
2 Haas avocados, diced
½ pint cherry tomatoes (1 small pack), cut in half
½ tablespoon dried parsley flakes
pinch ground black pepper
pinch sea salt
for the taco “meat”:
2 cups raw walnuts
1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
dash garlic powder
dash ground black pepper
1. Thoroughly wash and drain the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a colander or on a paper towel and set aside while prepping remaining ingredients.
2. Combine all taco ingredients in a food processor.
3. Pulse several times until crumbly, making sure not to over-blend.
4. Spread the walnut taco meat on the romaine leaves in 4 equal servings.
5. Garnish with diced avocado, halved tomatoes, parsley, ground pepper, sea salt, and lime juice.