Pumpkin Icebox Pie
1 9” deep dish frozen pie shell
1 8 oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup canned pumpkin
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (we like to use a microplane)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup whipping cream, for serving
1. Bake pie shell according to package directions, let cool.
2. Beat cream cheese in an electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat for another minute to combine. Fold in pumpkin purée.
3. Add next six ingredients and stir until incorporated.
4. Pour mixture into cooled pie crust, and freeze overnight.
5. Take the pie out 10 minutes before you want to serve. Beat ½ cup whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Spread evenly over the top of your pie, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Originally featured in Unhealthy, No-Bake Holiday Desserts