This is a great recipe for socca, a gluten-free bread made from chickpea flour.
1. Put flour, oil and salt (and desired seasonings) in a bowl and add/stir in water 1/4 cup at a time until you reach a thick pancake-like batter.
2. Let batter sit for 30 minutes.
3. Cook on stovetop over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on the first side and then 2-3 minutes on the second. (Ariane says that these will work at any size, from small mini flatbreads to full-pan, and will be easy to flip in a nonstick pan.) Keep whole if made small, or chop into pieces of desired single-serving size if made large.
4. Flake tuna with a fork, then mix all ingredients together.
5. Top socca slices with your desired amount of the tuna mixture. In the picture, the open-faced sandwiches are shown topped with flowering pea shoots.
Recipe courtesy of Ariane Resnick.
*This recipe has not been tested by the goop test kitchen.
Originally featured in Healthy Family Meals