Our friend Oliver teaches us how to whip up an insanely good dirty martini.
1. Fill the shaker with ice nearly to the top.
2. Add all the ingredients. I prefer to stir my martinis for about 20-30 seconds but you can shake it (max 10 seconds), which is thought to blend the vodka and vermouth better but traditionally the shaking makes it a Bradford. Also, shaking adds air bubbles, hence the cloudy appearance, and dilutes the mix which freshens the taste.
3. Using the atomizer, coat the inside of the martini glass with vermouth.
4. Through the Hawthorne and fine strainer, pour the dirty Vodka martini into a frozen martini glass.
5. Add olives and serve immediately.
Originally featured in The Lobster Roll