Between the protein in quinoa, beans, and eggs, the iron and vitamin A in spinach, and the good fats (particularly omega-9’s) in avocado, this bowl will help keep your hair healthy and your skin glowing and dewy. Plus, it tastes great.
1. Combine the black beans, the garlic, 2 sprigs of cilantro, the water, and a generous pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture up to a boil, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer, cover partially, and let cook 5 minutes.
2. While the beans cook, thinly slice or dice the avocado and set aside.
3. After 5 minutes, add the cooked quinoa and the spinach to the black bean mixture. Add another generous pinch of salt and stir to mix all the ingredients together. Partially cover and let cook while you fry the egg.
4. In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Crack the egg into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the white is set and the yolk is still runny (or to your desired doneness).
5. Fish the garlic clove and cilantro stems out of the bean/spinach/quinoa mixture and transfer to a bowl. Top with the sliced avocado, fried egg, and cilantro leaves.
6. Finish with hot sauce and queso fresco, if desired.