Magnus Cali-fied a classic Fäviken flaxseed cracker by mixing in local almonds and red walnuts, then topped it with beautiful produce from the farmer’s market.
1. Preheat the oven to 320°F.
2. To make the cracker, combine flax seeds, chopped almonds, chopped walnuts, potato starch, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in the boiling water, whisking constantly. Let the mixture soak for 20 minutes, or until nicely thickened.
3. Place a sheet of parchment paper on your work surface, pour over the mixture, then top with another sheet of parchment. Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll or press the mixture into a ¼-inch thick sheet.
4. Peel off the top sheet of parchment and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 1 ½ hours, spraying with lime juice every 30 minutes or so, or until the cracker is a deep brown color and very crispy.
5. Let cool before topping with all of your produce.
Originally featured in The TACO: gp x Magnus