Laarb Lettuce Cups
Thai laarb meets Chinese lettuce cups in this easy, quick, and addictive mash-up detox dish. If you make extra of the chicken mixture, you can use it to make our chicken and cabbage dim sum recipe.
for the chicken mixture:
½ pound dark meat ground chicken
½ bunch scallions, minced
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 ½ teaspoons tamari
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon fish sauce
thinly sliced red onion
1 tablespoon roughly chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon roughly chopped thai basil (or regular basil) leaves
3 nice medium-sized green cabbage or butter lettuce leaves
lime wedges, to serve
1. Place all of the chicken ingredients together in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
2. Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan over medium high heat.
3. Add the chicken mixture to the pan and cook until the chicken is firm and is no longer pink. Add coconut aminos and fish sauce, stir to combine all ingredients, and turn off the heat.
4. Place the cabbage or butter lettuce leaves on a serving plate and fill each one with ⅓ of the chicken mixture.
5. Top each cabbage cup with some thinly sliced red onion and fresh herbs.
6. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Originally featured in The Annual goop Detox 2017