Forget the Western, this kimchi omelet is our new favorite way to eat eggs in the morning (or afternoon or evening, for that matter). Not only does it taste great, but thanks to the fermentation process of kimchi, it’s also full of good bacteria that help support a healthy gut.
1. Combine ¼ cup of the kimchi, the sliced scallion, and the eggs in small bowl. Beat with a fork until well combined.
2. Heat an 8-inch non-stick sauté pan over medium heat.
3. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil, swirl it around in the pan, and immediately pour in the egg mixture.
Let cook for 5 seconds, then use a spatula or wooden spoon to start pulling in the edges of the omelet and pouring the uncooked egg mixture out to the edges to cook.
4. Continue doing this until the bottom is set and the entire omelet is almost cooked through.
5. Sprinkle the top with a pinch of sea salt and spoon the remaining two tablespoons kimchi down the center.
6. Use a spatula to carefully fold up the omelet, remove it to a plate, and serve with nori sprinkled over the top.