Kale Chorizo Pasta
Spicy Spanish chorizo and hearty kale are a classic combo—toss in a little pasta and you’ve got a weeknight dinner dream. It’s easy (hello, one pot!) and super delish.
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces cooked Spanish chorizo, cut into ½-inch thick half moons
1 bunch kale, deveined and roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
¾ pound pasta
1. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Add the chopped chorizo and cook for about 5 minutes, just until some of the fat has rendered out and it’s nice and crispy.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the kale and garlic. Stir until the garlic is browned (but not burned) and the kale has wilted.
4. Add the cooked pasta directly to the chorizo mixture and toss well, adding a few tablespoons of reserved cooking water from the pasta to create a sauce.
5. Serve with salt to taste.
Originally featured in Eat Well (and Shop Only Once) All Week