This cake is a classic, and for good reason. Simple and inexpensive to make, it’s a crowd-pleaser every time.
⅔ box “Famous” chocolate wafers
3 cups whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
milk chocolate, to shave for garnish
1. Whip cream until it forms soft peaks, then add vanilla and powdered sugar and whisk to combine.
2. Sandwich about 1 tablespoon prepared cream between 2 chocolate wafers, flip the sandwich on its side, and place on a rectangular serving platter.
3. Continue adding wafers and cream until you have a log of 8 wafers with cream in between each.
4. Start again with a second log directly behind the first one, and continue working until you have 5 logs with 8 cookies in each.
5. Use the remaining whipped cream to frost the top and sides.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24.
7. Garnish with chocolate shavings just before serving.
Originally featured in Unhealthy, No-Bake Holiday Desserts