Everyone loves a jacket potato, and we love how easy they are to make. Stuffing them with baked beans is a classic move in England, but they’re also delicious filled with cooked broccoli and cheddar cheese, fresh peas, butter, curry powder and yogurt, or any other combo you can dream up.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Scrub potatoes very well, prick 3 times with a paring knife, and place directly on the middle rack of the oven.
3. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a knife.
4. While the potatoes roast, heat baked beans and prepare other toppings.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, cut down the middle and let everyone dress with desired garnishes.
Originally featured in Meatless Monday: Jacket Potatoes