Honey-Grilled Stone Fruit with Berry Whip
Healthy and perfect for both breakfast and dessert, this is the perfect balance of textures and flavor: sweet, sour, creamy, hot, and cold—and best of all, guilt-free. This recipe works with any fresh fruit, so mix it up and work with what’s in season.
for the BBQ fruit:
½ cup honey
1 vanilla bean, scraped
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 sprig thyme, leaves removed and finely chopped
1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
4 nectarines or peaches, halved
for the berry whip:
½ cup frozen berries
3 bananas, peeled and frozen
½ tablespoon coconut or greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon ginger, minced
1 cup coconut yogurt
1 cup granola muesli
1. Preheat your BBQ to medium heat.
2. On a plate or in mixing bowl, mix honey, vanilla seeds, lemon rind, thyme, and rosemary.
3. Dip the flat side of your stone fruit into the honey mix then place onto the BBQ, cook until golden and soft, approximately 3-4 minutes, then take off grill and let rest.
4. For berry whip, place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth (don’t over process or fruit will melt).
5. In a chilled bowl or plate add one tablespoon of yogurt and using a spoon, smear into a circle.
6. Sprinkle granola in the middle then add berry whip, top with grilled stone fruit, some more yogurt, and granola. Enjoy before berry whip melts.