Completely healthy and totally easy to make, this treat makes for a great breakfast and after-school or midday snack.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, letting a bit of excess paper hang over the sides.
2. Grind ⅓ cup of the oats in a food processor until powdery. Add the ground oats to a large mixing bowl with the remaining oats, salt and spices, apricots, and flaxseed.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and then stir them into the dry ingredients.
4. Put the mixture in the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, or until evenly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove to a cutting board (the parchment paper will act as a sort of sling, making this very easy). Cut into individual granola bars.