Harissa Grilled Eggplant
Harissa, a Middle-Eastern blend of chilis, garlic, oil, and spices, lends incredible flavor to anything from chicken to veggies to aioli. Here, we slather it over eggplant before grilling, then serve with a tangy herby yogurt sauce.
2 medium eggplants
¼ cup harissa paste
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
for the yogurt sauce:
¼ cup whole milk yogurt
juice of 1 lime
3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
1 small garlic clove, finely minced or grated
salt to taste
1. Slice the eggplant into 1-inch rounds.
2. Mix together the harissa paste, olive oil, and salt and rub all over the eggplant slices.
3. Grill over medium-high heat until charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
4. While the eggplant cooks, make the yogurt sauce. Mix together the first 4 ingredients and season with salt to taste.
5. Drizzle the yogurt sauce over the grilled eggplant and garnish with extra chopped cilantro.