Full of protein and healthy fats, this chopped salad is one of our favorite lunches.
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush lightly with olive oil. Season the avocado and salmon generously with salt and pepper, then grill for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side. Flip to the other side, add the lemon halves (for the dressing) and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the avocado and lemon have nice grill marks.
2. Let the salmon and avocado rest on a plate while you make the dressing.
3. To make the dressing, squeeze the grilled lemon juice into a small bowl. Whisk in the next 5 ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, combine the arugula, romaine, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and hard-boiled eggs in a large bowl. Dice the avocado and flake the cooled salmon; add to the salad ingredients and toss with half the dressing.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Originally featured in A Week of Salads