Gwyneth prepares one batch of this BBQ sauce with adobo for the adults and finishes another with soy sauce for the kids.
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
2. Pour the peach mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place half the sauce in a medium bowl, add the chicken, and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
4. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the chicken until browned and almost cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Brush on all sides with reserved sauce and grill until glazed and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
5. Slice crosswise. Serve remaining sauce alongside.
Originally published on Bon Appétit.