A play on the traditional shakshuka, this flavorful, bright green dish is going to be your new favorite breakfast for dinner, but we also think it’s pretty enough to impress the Sunday brunch crowd.
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, leeks, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until translucent and soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, add parsley, cilantro, serrano chili, 2 Swiss chard leaves, ½ cup of olive oil, ⅓ cup of water, and salt to blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add Swiss chard to skillet and sauté for 2 minutes. Once chard has wilted, combine the herby green paste into the skillet, and stir until well combined.
4. Lower heat and use a spoon to create 6 small wells; crack an egg into each well and cover with lid. Let sit for 4 to 6 minutes until whites of eggs are cooked.
5. Serve with picked mint, Aleppo pepper, salt, and your favorite flatbread or pita.