Gingerbread-flavored waffles deliver all the festive vibes of the holidays with minimal effort. They’re fun to make with kids. And between the ganache, coconut whipped cream, and lemon-ginger compound butter, there’s bound to be a topping to make everyone—kids and adults alike—very happy.
1. Combine all the waffle ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Heat a nonstick waffle iron to medium-high, then pour about ¼ cup batter into the center and cook until the automated timer on the waffle maker says it’s ready, usually about 3 minutes.
3. To make the compound butter, combine all the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
4. To make the ganache, warm the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat until just boiling. Then pour the warmed coconut milk over the chocolate chips in a heatproof mixing bowl and whisk until the milk melts the chocolate completely.
5. Serve the waffles with the nondairy whipped cream, ganache, and compound butter—and enjoy.