Ginger Sesame Chicken Noodle Pot
It’s safe to say that sesame plus chicken is a culinary match made in heaven. Add ginger for kick and carrot noodles for crunch and you’ve got a delicious and healthy lunch in minutes.
1 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
1 small handful cilantro leaves + a few fresh mint leaves
1 pinch chili flakes or cayenne
1 small garlic clove, finely minced
3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger, squeezed to get 1.5 tablespoons ginger juice
1 tablespoon tamari
¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1-2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 handful cooked shredded chicken
1 handful spinach leaves or shredded red cabbage
1 handful sliced mushrooms
1 small carrot, roughly grated or spiralized into carrot noodles
1 lime wedge
1. Combine all ingredients in a heatproof jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
2. When ready, boil the kettle and remove the lime wedge from the jar.
3. Let the boiled water sit for a minute or two before adding it to the jar, leaving a half-inch gap at the top.
4. Stir, cover and let sit five minutes.
5. Remove the lid, stir again, squeeze in the lime juice and enjoy.
Originally featured in Ingenious Noodle Pot Lunch Recipes