Don’t forget to season the avocado halves with a pinch of sea salt before filling.
Ginger & Cilantro Shrimp Salad in Avocado Halves
We flavor this shrimp salad with fresh ginger, cilantro, and lime juice and serve it in an avocado shell for a fun and healthy twist on the classic.
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Vegenaise
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1 large scallion, thinly sliced
2 large, firm but ripe avocados
coarse sea salt
1 lime, cut into quarters
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
2. When the shrimp are cool enough to touch, remove the tails and cut shrimp into ¼-½-inch pieces.
3. Place in medium bowl and toss with grated ginger, vegenaise, champagne vinegar, chopped cilantro, and sliced scallion. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
4. To serve, cut each avocado in half, remove the pit, and season each half with a pinch of coarse sea salt.
5. Spoon ¼ of the shrimp mixture into each half.
6. Serve with a spoon and a quarter of lime to squeeze over each portion.