You can bake the corn up to a day in advance and grill just before serving.
Elote Corn with Husk Handle
The adorable husk handle makes this simple grilled corn perfect for a party. Make it in August when corn is abundant and super sweet. To take this dish to the next level, finish with mexican crema and cotija cheese.
6 ears of corn, husks left on
6 lime wedges
mexican crema, optional
finely grated or crumbled cotija cheese, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut an inch off the “top” of the ear of corn (not the end with the stalk), then soak in water for at least 10 minutes.
3. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven until tender.
4. Carefully peel back husk and tie the ends together.
5. Grill on a hot BBQ until just charred and serve with lime wedges. If desired, brush the grilled corn with mexican crema or sour cream, the roll in finely grated cotija cheese.