Easy Turkey Larb
Perfect for a quick lunch, these little turkey larb lettuce cups are healthy, full of flavor, and come together in about 15 minutes.
juice of 1 small lime + extra for garnish
2 teaspoons coconut (or brown) sugar
1-2 teaspoons sriracha, or to taste
1 tablespoon fish sauce
½ pound ground dark meat turkey
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
5 butter lettuce leaves
thinly sliced red onion
2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon roughly chopped thai basil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, coconut sugar, sriracha, and fish sauce.
2. Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add ground turkey and minced garlic and cook, stirring, until browned and cooked through.
4. Pour over sauce, turn of the heat, and stir in sliced scallions.
5. Use a spoon to divide turkey mixture between five butter lettuce leaves.
6. Garnish with sliced red onions and chopped herbs, and serve with extra fresh lime.