These are simple, hassle-free gluten-free buns that call for just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
1. Heat the milk on the stove until warm to the touch. Add the packet of yeast, mix until dissolved, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of a mixer. Add the milk-yeast mixture. Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the dough smooths out.
3. Place the ball of dough on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover with a warm, damp towel and let sit on the countertop for about an hour.
4. Form the dough into palm-size balls and place on baking sheet. Flatten lightly with the palm of your hand. Using a brush or a paper towel, dip into the egg mixture and wet the top of each bun. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes, until cooked through and beginning to brown.