Skip the tomatoes and anchovies and it's gluten-free mac n' cheese.
Corn Shells n’ Cheese with Sun Dried Tomatoes
The sun-dried tomatoes mixed with the mascarpone and a bit of cream make a beautiful pink sauce, which is a kid-friendly alternative to vodka sauce.
1 lb corn shells
4-5 sun-dried tomatoes
8 ounces mascarpone
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1 cup tightly packed grated parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 sprig of thyme to garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and salt generously. Drop in pasta.
2. Meanwhile, add a tablespoon of butter to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute until soft and fragrant, being careful not to burn the butter. Add the cream and milk and cook for a minute. Allow to rest.
3. In a large blender, add the garlic/milk/cream mixture along with the mascarpone, parmesan, sundried tomatoes and anchovies. Blend until combined.
4. When shells are al dente, drain and add to a baking dish. Pour the cheese mixture over the shells and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Thickly grate a layer of parmesan over the shells, and add a sprig of thyme on top.
5. Pop the shells under the broiler for about a minute or two until the cheese begins to bubble and brown. The top will be nice and crusty and the shells will still be gooey and delicious.