Coconut Flour Snickerdoodles
Coconut flour is the most densely packed of all flours. High in fiber and low in digestible carbohydrates, it contains both fats and protein. In short, these cookies are a pretty genius way to get kids on the low-sugar-treat train.
for the cookie dough:
½ cup almond butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon flaky salt
¼ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. To make the dough, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the egg and mix to combine. Add the salt, coconut flour, and baking powder and mix well.
3. Combine the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll the dough into 14 equal-size balls, then coat each cookie in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Press the cookies down slightly, then pop in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
5. Cool to room temperature before eating.
Originally featured in Baking (Successfully) with Alternate Flours