We love these gluten- and dairy-free pancakes so much, they’ve replaced the originals in our kitchen.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and honey until mostly smooth (a few small lumps of coconut oil is fine). Whisk the eggs in one at a time. Add the almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula, and mix until just combined. Try not to overwork the batter or the pancakes won’t be as fluffy.
4. Heat about 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
5. Add batter (1 heaping tablespoon makes 1 pancake) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on first side. The batter will not bubble as much as traditional pancakes, so be sure to check the underside and flip when golden brown. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side.
6. Continue cooking pancakes in batches until all of the batter has been used, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed. You should end up with about 12 2-inch pancakes.
7. Serve smothered in maple syrup.
Originally featured in The goop Holiday Survival Guide