This salty, sweet, chocolaty combination works well with the subtle nuttiness of the coconut oil. This is the perfect treat for the candy fiend.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large metal pasta pot (or similar) over medium-high heat.
2. Add 2 corn kernels to test the oil temperature, cover with the lid (leaving it slightly ajar), and cook until the kernels pop. (When they pop, the oil is ready.)
3. Add the popping corn and cook with the lid slightly ajar, shaking the pot every 30 seconds or so, until almost all of the corn has popped (you’ll know because there will suddenly be much longer breaks between popping sounds). Cover with the lid and turn off the heat while you prepare the seasoning.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt.
5. Place the popcorn on a baking sheet and drizzle with coconut oil. Toss to coat evenly, then sprinkle the cocoa mixture all over, tossing again to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
Originally featured in Family Movie-Night Treats