Perfect for an impromptu breakfast, this puffed and golden savory pancake cooks up quickly and requires only a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand. It’s delicious unadorned but fun served with smoked salmon, sliced avocado, and a simple side of greens dressed with olive oil and lemon juice—garnishes that quickly elevate this giant popover to fancy-brunch status.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and place an 8-inch cast-iron pan inside to heat it up.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and chives.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and add the butter. Swirl it around, then pour the egg mixture into the pan and sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffy.
Originally featured in Hot Breakfasts to Please a Crowd