Caramel Pots de Crème
These pots de crème are the triple threat of holiday desserts: delicious, adorable, and make-ahead. All you’ll have to do is finish with a dollop of whipped cream to serve.
1 can coconut milk
1½ teaspoons organic vanilla extract
10 to 12 dates, pitted
½ cup raw cocoa butter
1. Soften the dates in hot water for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Heat the coconut milk until very hot (do not boil).
3. Put all the ingredients except the milk in a Vitamix or a powerful blender. With the blender running on low, slowly and carefully pour the hot coconut milk into the blender. Blend until everything is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and thick.
4. Pour into serving cups and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
5. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream!
Originally featured in A Three-Course Vegetarian Menu to Satisfy Any Carnivore