Like a traditional calamari but with the wonderful punch of shishito peppers for good measure.
1. In a medium pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
2. Slice calamari steak into long strips, and mix in a bowl with buttermilk and shishito peppers.
3. Remove from liquid and place in bowl with the three-flour mixture; toss until all items are well-coated.
4. Fry calamari and shishito for 90 seconds, add parsley leaves and fry for another 20 seconds. Remove from oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with a side of warm tomato sauce and a wedge of lemon.
Originally featured in The goop Team Getaway