These blondies are rich and fudgy with a perfect sweet-salty balance, and if kept in an airtight container, they’ll stay moist for days. They’re great as is, but you could doctor them up any way you like. Try chocolate chips, golden raisins, and shredded coconut for a more-is-more seven-layer-bar vibe.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium pan over low heat, heat the butter until fully caramelized to a dark-brown color, about 5 or 6 minutes. Continuously whisk the butter so it does not burn. Transfer the brown butter to a large mixing bowl and cool to room temperature.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and salt. Set aside.
4. Add the sugar to the cooled brown butter and mix until combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix until combined.
5. Mix the flour and salt mixture into the wet mixture. Fold in the pecans.
6. Transfer the blondie mixture to a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
7. Bake until the center is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the blondies cool completely before cutting and storing.
Originally featured in 4 Easy Recipes to Prep for the Week Ahead